5 Novelty Dog Treat Trends
The global pet and dog treat market is expected to expected to reach over $96 billion by 2028. Pet owners are increasingly treating their pets like family members, and are willing to spend more on high-quality, natural, and functional treats.
This has created opportunities for manufacturers and brand owners to innovate and expand their product offerings, and for retailers to differentiate themselves by offering a wide variety of high-quality treats. Creative variations on biscuits, chews, bones, rawhide, jerky, and many more products are satsifying new demands from pet owners.
Here are some of the top 5 dog treat novelty trends we're seeing.
- Personalized nutrition: Some pet food companies are now offering personalized nutrition plans for pets, based on factors like breed, age, weight, and activity level. This approach aims to provide more tailored and optimal nutrition for individual pets
- Alternative protein sources: In response to concerns over the environmental impact of traditional protein sources like beef and chicken, some pet food companies are now incorporating alternative protein sources such as insects, algae, and plant-based proteins like pea and soy.
- Functional ingredients: Some pet foods now include functional ingredients such as probiotics, prebiotics, and antioxidants that can improve pets' digestive health and overall well-being.
- Human-grade ingredients: Some pet food companies are now using ingredients that are considered "human-grade," meaning they meet the same standards as food consumed by humans. This approach aims to provide higher quality and safer food for pets.
- Fresh and refrigerated options: Some pet food companies are now offering fresh and refrigerated options that are less processed and have a shorter shelf life than traditional kibble or canned food. These options may be more appealing to pet owners looking for higher quality and more natural food for their pets.
These treats are not only used as a reward for good behavior but also as a way to promote dental health, provide mental stimulation, and even help with training.
If so, reach out to flexible packaging specialist today to recive a free sample kit and quote. You can also follow The Pouch House on LinkedIn to stay up to day on packaging trends like this.